USES AND CLAIM OF SAFESURFACE DISINFECTANT
A fast acting, ready to use chlorine free disinfectant that is safe for most non-porous surfaces and does not leave residuals of harmful chemicals after drying. This product does not require rinsing off after application and is effective against a wide range of harmful pathogens including the Human Corona Virus.
SafeSurface is a single step disinfectant, fungicide, tuberculocide, virucide, cleaner and deodorant specially formulated for general cleaning, disinfecting as well as deodorizing nonporous hard surfaces. (This product is not designed to be used on people or animals)
It cleans quickly by removing dirt, grime, body oils and other common soils found in hospitals, office buildings, schools, colleges, transportation facilities (airports, train and bus depots, ships, motor vehicles) hotels, motels, restaurants, toilets, food processing industries and is safe for hard, non-porous surfaces like vinyl, painted surfaces, plastics , glass, mirrors, glazed ceramic, glazed porcelain, chrome, stainless steel, aluminum, laminated surfaces and floors, walls, ceilings, tables, chairs, countertops, telephones, fixtures, gym/fitness equipment, toilets, urinals, sinks, sink basins, faucets, tubs, shower rooms.
How SafeSurface works
Unlike other surface disinfectants which leave a residue of dangerous chemicals when they dry (hence the need for cleaning off), SafeSurface disinfectant breaks down into harmless components upon drying and thus safe to use even in rooms used by children and can be used to disinfect toys. It is also safe to use in Food processing plants.
Application – Disinfection, cleaning and deodorisation
Dilution: dilute 1 part of SafeSurface to 3 parts clean water
- Apply SafeSurface by using a coarse trigger sprayer to hard, non-porous surfaces. Spray 15 – 20 cm from surface, making sure to wet surfaces thoroughly. (This product can also be applied by mop, sponge, cloth, paper towel or disposable wipe but these must be cleaned/changed frequently during the cleaning process to avoid re-dispositioning of soils)
- All surfaces must remain wet for five to ten minutes.
- Allow to air dry (if sprayed, for the additional cleaning effect, the surface can be wiped and allow to air dry)
- Heavily soiled surfaces need to be pre-cleaned before treatment.
Note - Rinsing is not necessary unless floors are to be coated with finish or restorer.
Process for cleaning and disinfecting against HBV, HCV and HIV-1 of surfaces soiled with body fluids:
- All Appropriate PPE required for handling blood, body fluids must be correctly worn during the process.
- Blood and body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces/ objects and disposed of using the Ministry of Health Guidelines before application of SafeSurface.
- Apply the product ensuring all surfaces are covered with SafeSurface and allow the surface to remain wet for 5 -10 minutes.
For General cleaning
Dilute 1 part of safe hands to 6 parts of clean water and proceed as above.
Restrictions on Use
Not recommended for use on zinc, copper, brass, granite or marble. Where the user is not sure, it is recommended that they test the product on a carefully selected small patch and observe over a 24 hour period.
SafeSurface disinfectant must not be sprayed directly on food items and should not be used to disinfect utensils, glassware, and dishes.
HAZARD TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION: Undiluted SafeSurface is flammable and should be kept away from naked flames.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco or using the toilet.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
IF SWALLOWED: Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.